Saturday, July 16, 2011

Life Can Sometimes Suck A Lot

I've been seeing a lady that I originally hoped would lead to a romantic relationship but I'm afraid it just won't happen.  It's not that she's not interested, she is, and I like her, too.  But she drains me.  It could be that she suffers from depression as well but I don't think that's the reason.  In any case, after I see her I end up having an anxiety attack, one that lasts at least a day.   It's not always debilitating, but it's certainly enough that I don't like how I feel.  It tends to make me want to sleep and eat too much.  I need to break up with her and I don't feel like it's appropriate to do it any way other than face to face.  I may not like it, but I'm that kind of a guy.

Then there's my19 year old daughter.  She's been living with me since March of last year and I have adored having her with me.  She left on vacation back at the end of June and today she called me saying she isn't coming home.  I understand her reasons and do not fault her at all for her decision and under the circumstances I think it's the best thing.  But I wasn't included in the discussion of the decision and it hurts.  I feel rejected and cast aside.

It's a bad day for me and I just feel so drained and want to go back to sleep after a two hour nap already.

1 comment:

  1. Is this something you could talk to your lady friend about? The emotions you go through and the effect it has on your afterwards? She may not know that she drains you. Just a suggestion. You know what's best for you.

    19 year olds don't always think, but if it hurt your feelings maybe you should let her know that you would like to be included in the decisions of her life. She's your daughter and loves you very much. Plus there is that trying to assert independence thing.

    Sorry it's been a terrible day Vern.

    ReplyDelete